Thursday, September 25, 2008

KinderKord... No match for the boy!

I always said I would never use a "leash" with my kids... then Nathaniel came along. Try as I might, however, he proves any leash futile. Those of you who know Nathaniel at all, you know that he is very busy and fast. He can be right by my side one second and the next second be half way across a parking lot in someone else's car. So when I decided to go to the fair last week, I thought an investment in a new "leash" would be prudent and wise (Afterall, I'd rather have a kid that is tied to me vs. a lost or abducted kid). Having tried many other "leashes" on the market with no success, I went to Babies 'R Us and bought the mother of all leashes - KINDERKORD - A safe way to stay connected. Yes, it has the mother of all price tags, too! The box said, "You'll wonder how you ever managed without it!"
Anyway, dreaming of how it would solve all my problems, I pulled it out at the fair. I placed one of the wrist bands on the boy, one on me and we were connected with the retractable cord! I was ready for a fun, safe day at the fair. Nathaniel instantly undid his wrist band and promptly threw it on the ground. Greeeaat. I attached it to his back belt loop, and he was obessed with getting it off. He kept twisting his body around to try to take it off. No walking was happening. When I did pull him along, his pants twisted around. Once he realized he couldn't take it off his pants, he came directly over to me and undid my wrist strap. So much for KINDERKORD!!! I'm beginning to think leashes are for kids who don't run away anyway...

1 comment:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

Super. I have a feeling that I'll be doing a post similar to this in about a year and a half when Clara is Nathaniel's age. :)