The day started out typical, mama and papa rolling out of bed groggy and still soooo sleepy (Baby decided to wake up twice last night...). Papa gave Grace some breakfast and left for work. Mama fed the baby and Nathaniel, got everyone dressed, endured several Nathaiel temper tantrums, and convinced Grace that she did indeed need to brush her hair. All of this while trying to figure out if Nathaniel still had speech therapy today despite the recent snowfall. After calling the number with no results and then trying to check the website (no such luck - the internet wasn't working for some reason), I called John and he looked it up for me. It said they would be two hours late like the Tacoma School District. So what does that mean if our appointment is at 10? Well, I finally tried another number for the therapy place and found out that the appointment was still a go. After bundling all the kids up and rushing them into the car, we started out (late of course). Didn't get very far before we came to a standstill - the cars were moving very slowly and there was a huge backup. After trying to take a detour and slipping and slidding all over, I decided it wasn't worth it and we turned around and headed home.
Got home, fed the kids lunch (remnants are still on the counter from our "make your own lunchable") and let them play outside in the snow since Grace really wanted to. Bundled them all up again (putting gloves on toddlers/preschoolers takes FOREVER), while trying to feed the baby who was screaming when she wasn't being fed, and let them go. Our backyard is fenced, but I was trying to keep an eye on them while feeding the baby. I looked away for a minute and then looked back and saw Nathaniel stepping into the pond! For goodness sake. I had just reminded the kids not to go over the little fence around the pond (they know the rule). So *surprise* he steps in the pond and gets wet up to his little chest. Poor guy! He was so shocked at the cold water! I put the baby down and ran out to rescue him. Grace later told me, "He wanted to skate on the icecubes, mama." Hmmm. Logical, I guess. That then led into an explanation of ice and water, etc.
Anyway, I stripped him down and ran him upstairs (stopping only to give the baby her binky) for a warm bath. While he was warming up, I sat by the tub and finished feeding the baby. Then while I was grabbing a towel, I looked back and he had pooped and peed in the tub. Grrreeaat. So here I am trying to fish poop out of the tub. After that delightful job was complete, I cleaned out the tub and then rewashed the boy. Finally, he was dressed and warm and ready for nap. Read a story while trying to soothe the baby and then got them into bed. Took the baby downstairs for a diaper change and she peed all over me and herself. I should get double pay today...
5 years ago





4 comments:
Yes, yes you should!
I say Triple overtime.
You're a fantastic mom!
Oh lady, I'll be there too shortly. :)
Hmm... When Jeff was a baby a REALLY good day was all four of us dressed by noon. I used to look at women at church on Sunday and wonder how they found time to put on makeup.
Post a Comment