Monday, January 10, 2011

Some things I wish would never end...

  • Megan toddling over to me with a book in hand, then backing up to sit in my lap. (I LOVE this!) She says "Book", which in Meganese means "Read this, now". Then after I read the story, she says "Again, book". Who can resist that?
  • Nathaniel's bear hugs, complete with arms around my neck and a tight squeeze. His kisses (always on the lips) are pretty great too.
  • Nathaniel's crazy hair up until yesterday, when we cut it. The poor kid has so many cowlicks! Everyone at church was probably wondering why I didn't comb the boy's hair, but in a weird way it is cute.
  • My 6 year old wanting to snuggle with me in bed when she first wakes up in the morning. I wish I was more awake for it!
  • Megan's baby voice, tiny hands, baby look, etc. It sure is hard knowing she is our last! Sometimes when I hold her, I wish I could just bottle up the moment complete with feelings and emotions, for later.
  • Watching John "play" with the kids when he comes home from work. They LOVE this time and it makes me fall in love with him even more than I thought possible. (This "play" involves a lot of wrestling, tickling, and running around the house)
  • Grace being excited about emptying the garbage cans (this can't possibly last, can it??!!)

3 comments:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

I used to love Clara choosing books and backing into my lap, too . . . she doesn't do that anymore. :( Such a fun blog post!

Crystal said...

We are so blessed with our little monsters even though many days I want to pull my hair out! Good blog girly!

HopeE said...

I love this idea of lists like this! I may use this on my blog!