Sunday, April 1, 2012

An informative and engaging historical fiction novel!


"Forsaking All Others" is a Christian historical fiction book based on Camilla, a woman in the 1800s, who leaves her Mormon husband, children, and sister wife in obedience to her Christian convictions. This book is the second in The Sister Wife Series, though this is easily a stand alone book. Allison Pittman, the author, tastefully weaves historical information throughout the novel. The differences between mid-1800's Mormonism and Christianity are explored throughout the story.

I found myself eager to read the book and follow Camilla's emotional, spiritual, and physical journey! The Mormon church has always been somewhat of a mystery to me, so this book caught my eye. I appreciated learning about the Mormon church and their teachings in the mid-1800's. This book left me encouraged and inspired to follow Christ, no matter the cost. I look forward to more books in this series.

I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys historical Christian fiction and/or wants to learn more about the early Mormon church. I received a complimentary copy of the book for review purposes from Tyndale House.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

Wow - you almost made it to the year mark with out blogging! See I still check!