Saturday, July 7, 2012

Paws & Tales: Being Kind & Caring


"Paws & Tales: Being Kind & Caring" is a DVD by Chuck Swindoll.  The Paws & Tales series is subtitled "Biblical wisdom for kids" and has animated stories, music videos and activities. This DVD appears to be #8 in the Paws & tales collection. Prior to reviewing this DVD, I had never heard of this series.  I was excited to review it since I'm always looking for quality DVDs that teach biblically based concepts for my children (ages 8, 6 and 3).  

The DVD includes two episodes: The Hullabaloo at Hunker Hill & The Great Go-Kart Race.  My kids watched it once but haven't asked to watch it again, even when I suggest it.  It did not hold the attention of my 3 year old, but my older kids watched it all the way through.  There were good morals and lessons taught, but the kids had trouble staying engaged when Chuck Swindoll was speaking. The stories were well animated and based on scripture; I felt it was an effective teaching tool.  I'm not sure that I would purchase more DVDs in this series, but it would be a great resource for a church library to have.  

I would recommend this DVD for kids ages 5-10. I received a complimentary copy of the DVD for review purposes from Tyndale House.  

No comments: