5 years ago
Saturday, July 7, 2012
A peek into the lives of missionaries and of Muslim Women
"Behind the Veils of Yemen" is the journey of the author and her family who leave the comfort and safety of America to become missionaries in the Middle East. Learning about other culture's customs and traditions is important to me, so I found this book to be an interesting glimpse into the life of Muslims. I welcomed the opportunity to learn about the Muslim culture and people, especially Muslim women whom I've always felt were "shrouded" in mystery. A friendship develops that bridges very different religions and culture/customs. I loved reading about how God was working in Yemen as well as in the author's life! I also found the book to be a honest portrayal of life as a missionary; which I appreciated. After reading it, I was more motivated to be a "missionary" in my own life.
I received a complimentary copy of this book for review purposes from Chosen Books. All opinions expressed are my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
AH! You are blogging! YAY! Is this a kids book?
Tiff
Post a Comment