I know, I know... It's been a month and a half since I updated my blog. Those of you that keep coming back, hoping to see something new are probably wondering what in the heck is wrong with me. I have no decent excuses, except that I've been on a blogging vacation (otherwise known as personal procrastination and laziness). Hopefully this cute pic of Megan on the day she was dedicated at church will make up for my laziness:
Megan at her dedication on February 22nd, 2009. Isn't she so cute??!
Anyway, what's new with the Schocks? Megan has rolled over and is very pleased with herself. I am a bit disappointed that my duct tape didn't restrain her in the supine position, but what's a mom to do? She is also exercising her legs and likes to be held so she's standing up. She loves reaching for her toys and screeching (that is her latest feat). She also recently moved out of mama and papa's room and into sister's room. I think it was hardest for Mama, but Grace is loving it. Grace talks to her in the morning when they wake up; Megan loves that!Grace had an exciting trip to Disneyland February 10-14 with Grandma! She had a great time, especially meeting the princesses at Ariel's Grotto and riding the roller coasters. She rode the Matterhorn three times! She definitely has my sense of adventure. We were so grateful that grandma took Grace; it was a special time for them.
I'm sure you're dying to know the results of my last blog post.... *drum roll please* Nathaniel is not potty trained. However, he has mastered the art of putting chapstick on his toothbrush, deleting emails out of my inbox (sorry to anyone that may have emailed and didn't get a response), saying "NO!" and "Hi Grace", deleting Mi's off of our Wii (once again - sorry to anyone that has a missing Mi on our Wii), and climbing the shelves in his closet (yup - all the way to the ceiling). Oh, I almost forgot - he also can pee out the top of his diaper if he arranges certain body parts just so. It's been a busy month!
John and I have been busy with the daily grind as well as a few notable events. John's parents arrived at home on January 20th, I got my first facial ever (cheap at the beauty school on 38th), John went skiing twice, spent a long weekend up in Kirkland with John's family, and Valentines Day at the Cliff House restaurant - fun! Most recently we were down in Portland at a memorial service for John's grandpa whom passed away on February 23rd. It was very emotional as he was a godly and influential man but we are so happy that he is up in heaven and not in pain anymore.
The "Potty Diaries" take 2 will be coming your way soon! Along with a bunch of pics, hopefully. (I must clarify that the bunch of pics will not be of the potty training...)





1 comment:
Wow! I need a nap and a shower after reading that! :)
Post a Comment